HCPC: consultation on revised Standards of education and training and supporting guidance
The HCPC has launched a consultation on proposed changes to the standards of education and training (SETs) and supporting guidance. It is aimed at education providers, registrants, service users, carers, and anyone who has an interest in education and training.
Key proposals include
- “Broadening the terminology used in the SETs and guidance to make it more applicable to a variety of programme types.
- Making changes to strengthen the link between the SETs and the standards of conduct performance and ethics.
- The addition of a new requirement for programmes to include interprofessional education.
- The addition of two new standards requiring programmes to involve learners in the design, delivery and review of an approved programme; and to support learners to raise concerns.
- A number of other amendments to individual standards and to the guidance documents to improve clarity and consistency and to remove unnecessary duplication”.
The deadline for responding is Friday 25 November.
Find out more about the HCPC consultation on standards of education and training.